Orwell Education is a state of the art healthcare education department consisting of three training rooms, one of which is a clinical skills laboratory and the other two rooms can be either used as a lecture room to accommodate up to 24 learners, or two separate training rooms to accommodate two groups of 12 learners. The facilities are ideal for face to face workshops, seminars, and master classes. The lecture rooms are equipped with AV equipment, laptop, flip chart, and the clinical laboratory is equipped with a bed, mannequin, and patient manual handling equipment. The lecture rooms are situated on a link corridor connecting the two new buildings in Orwell Healthcare, the Raglan and Elgin. A coffee shop is situated on this corridor and external learners can enter and exit the educational department without entering the nursing home.
Orwell Education Philosophy
Orwell Education’s philosophy is based on Orwell Healthcare’s mission statement and ethos whereby the organisation is committed to providing the best quality of care focused on older people and people with disabilities, with a desire to deliver relevant and innovative education and promote lifelong learning for healthcare staff employed in the long term care setting. We endeavour to provide education that is responsive to changing service needs in care of older adults and vulnerable adults with disabilities in the long term care setting. We offer a number of short courses for nurses and healthcare staff wishing to develop their skills and advance their knowledge.
We welcome enquiries from nurses and care assistants to participate on study days. Requests are facilitated whenever possible. A range of programmes are provided throughout the year which include:
- Introduction to Dementia care
- Infection Prevention and Control in the long term care setting
- Abuse of older adults and Vulnerable adults with disabilities
- Leadership and Management skills and competencies for Registered Nurses employed in the Long term care setting
- Introduction to care of the person with an acquired brain injury
- Management of Actual and Potential Aggression
- Falls prevention and management strategies
- Introduction to Clinical Auditing
- Patient Manual Handling
- Best practice in Medication management
Our training rooms are also available to rent hourly or on a full day basis for training, meetings etc.
For further information please contact reception email@example.com or phone 01 4999000.