Due to our recent expansion, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Payroll and Accounts Assistant and a Assistant Director of Nursing to join our growing team.
PAYROLL AND ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
- Payroll – Managing payroll processing for up to 250 employees.
- Take full ownership of payroll, including dealing directly with employee queries, bank files and statutory related requirements
- Work closely with managers reviewing rostered hours as to ensure accurate data transfer
- Accounts payable – processing purchase invoices, purchase orders, payments and supplier account reconciliation
- General accounts administration and assisting the accounts team
- Ad hoc duties as required by the accounts team
- Minimum one year experience in a similar role.
- IPASS qualification or equivalent.
- Micropay, Sage 50 and TimePoint knowledge desirable.
- Ability to work in a small team / busy environment and communicate clearly with various levels of employees, while adhering to agreed deadlines
- Capable of working on own initiative with a high level of personal organisation and attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Excel experience.
- This is a varied role between Payroll and Accounts, where flexibility is required around specific monthly deadlines
This job is a full time permanent contract. Salary €27k depending on experience.
All offers subject to Garda vetting, successful references and pre-employment medical.
Closing date 13.00, Friday 28th October 2016.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING
We have recently opened new units in Acquired Brain Injury, Convalescence and Long Term Care. This is an excellent opportunity to develop within our organisation.
Purpose of the Role:
To lead the nursing and care team based in the Acquired Brain Injury Unit and liaise effectively with the Head of the ABI services for the effective function of the unit.
To assist the Director of Nursing/Person in Charge in providing a high standard of professional practice and a caring environment conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident, in a way that ensures their privacy and dignity and enhances their way of life.
To be responsible for the relevant standards and quality of the nursing care provided in Orwell Healthcare.
To work as part of a team and ensuring Orwell Healthcare is a leader in the field care of older people.
To comply with and maintain the quality standards in relation to residents care and wellbeing with particular reference to HIQA standards and the goal of attaining a quality standard.
To maintain a high level of professional integrity in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses as prescribed by NMBI.
To maintain a level of professional integrity in accordance with Orwell Healthcare policies and procedures, employment contract, philosophy of care and mission statement.
To maintain continuous professional development.
Responsibilities to include:
- To assist in the daily nursing matters to include medication management, care issues, relatives’ queries, staff and contracted professionals’ performance.
- To conduct clinical staff appraisals, interviews, performance reviews and to implement target goals and improvement plans in collaboration with the Human Resource Department and the DON.
- To develop individual care plans in collaboration with the nurses and CNMs and ensure that they are updated monthly and carry out care plan audits.
- To provide direct resident care in order to maintain quality assurance.
- To monitor, audit and evaluate the quality of the service on a regular basis through observational audits, weekly reviews of incidents and accidents, regular reviews and spot checks of clinical staff.
- To demonstrate an ability to create a team ethos and to implement the Orwell Healthcare Philosophy of Care and Mission Statement.
- To act as a mentor to the CNMs and Staff Nurses through reflective practice and demonstration.
- To participate in reviewing clinical practice based on evaluation of Quality Assurance Indications, for example a clinical audit.
- To work as Acting Person in Charge and Acting Director of Nursing in the absence of the DON and PIC if required.
- Minimum one year experience in a similar managerial role
- Previous experience in care of the elderly/acquired brain injury essential.
- Current registration with The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland essential.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA standards.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English essential.
This position is a full time permanent role. Salary commensurate with experience.
All offers subject to NMBI PIN, Garda vetting, successful references and pre-employment medical.
Orwell Healthcare is equal opportunities employer, in line with Department of Jobs Enterprise and Innovation Permits requirements please ensure that you are entitled to participate in this competition and are able to provide supporting documentation.
Closing date for receipt of applicants is 13.00 Wednesday 26th October 2016
Any questions and to apply with your CV and cover letter, please send an email to HR@orwellhealthcare.ie