As we have recently opened new state of the art units in Long Term Care, Short Term Care, Convalescence and Acquired Brain Injury we are looking for Healthcare Assistants to join our expanding team!
We are looking for Health Care Assistants with QQI level 5 in Care of the Older Person. Previous nursing home experience an advantage.
It is essential to have a good level of spoken and written English.
Main Purpose of Job
- To work as part of a team of Health Care Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team.
- To provide quality person centred care to meet the needs of residents in order for them to continue
living independently with privacy and dignity.
- To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are
conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users.
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual
review of resident’s needs.
- QQI Level 5 qualification in a relevant healthcare discipline.
- Current Moving and Handling certificate.
- Experience with Neuro/Rehab and Acquired Brain Injury an advantage.
- All job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates must submit a copy of their qualification with the application. The original certificate must be presented to HR during the interview. If you are a student, written confirmation is required on headed paper from your college. All candidates selected for interview must bring original identification, proof of address, GNIB (if applicable) to the Interview. Failure to comply with this may result in your application being disqualified.
Orwell Healthcare is equal opportunities employer, in line with Department of Jobs Enterprise and Innovation Permits requirements please ensure that you are entitled to participate in this competition and are able to provide supporting documentation.
Closing date 13.00 28th October 2016
Please apply by sending your CV to HR@orwellhealthcare