Careers at Orwell
We have a very special ethos of care and compassion at Orwell Healthcare, and it takes a very special kind of person to help us deliver consistently to all of our residents and home care clients.
Exceptional academic qualifications are part of the mix for any new additions to our staff, but your personality and commitment to care is every bit as important. Our aim is to attract, train and retain high calibre employees who have an interest in care of the older person or of any of our residents.
All of our Nurses must hold a valid NMBI PIN number and all of our Care Assistants must hold a minimum FETAC Level 5 Certificate in Care of the Older Person. In addition, all applicants must be willing to provide the following information and documentation prior to commencement in Orwell Healthcare:
- Two written references including one from your most recent employer
- Garda/Police Vetting
- Copy of qualification and training certificates
- Valid work permit and or visa
Click a vacancy for more information:
Orwell Healthcare is seeking to recruit experienced Staff Nurses (RGN) to help manage our new state of the art Healthcare Facility. This is an excellent opportunity to develop within our organisation.
- To assist in the management and care of residents, with particular focus on Orwell Healthcare policies and procedures and the Health Information and Quality Authority standards
- To maintain a high level of professional integrity and clinical practice in accordance with the code of Professional Conduct for Nurses as prescribed by Nursing and Midwifery Board Ireland
- To demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines within and outside of the organisation
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in care of the elderly desirable
- Current registration with The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland essential
- Good knowledge of HIQA standards
- Proficiency in written and verbal English essential
We provide training to support all employees in developing skills that allow them to expand within their role and develop their career. This position is a full-time permanent role. Salary commensurate with experience.
All candidates must have a current NMBI PIN or valid Decision Letter for Adaptation. Please do not apply if you have not registered with www.nursingboard.ie
To apply for this position forward cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Orwell Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to our ongoing expansion and opening of our new units in Convalescence, Acquired Brain Injury and Rehabilitation, Orwell Healthcare, is seeking to recruit experienced Healthcare Assistants to help manage our new state of the art Healthcare Facility. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within our organisation.
The ideal candidate:
We are looking for Health Care Assistants with Fetac Level 5 in Care of the Older Person. Previous nursing home experience an advantage but not essential.
The candidate should be a flexible, enthusiastic, self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to progress their career and grow with the company.
It is essential to have a good level of English both verbal and comprehension. Salary from €20,200/annum.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To work as part of a team of Health Care Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team
- To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents in order for them to continue living independently with privacy and dignity
- To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of resident’s needs
To be responsible for the safe and professional delivery of personal and practical care assistance in accordance with the care plan of a number of service users.
- Fetac Level 5 qualification in a relevant healthcare discipline
- Experience in nursing home care
- Care of the elderly experience
- Current Moving and Handling certificate
- Demonstration of reliability and punctuality
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Experience with Neuro/Rehab and Acquired Brain Injury an advantage
All job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Orwell Healthcare is an equal Opportunities Employer.
We foster independence as far as possible, and like to organise as many external activities for our residents as possible. To facilitate this, we require a number of volunteers who may be called upon from time to time to help us with activities such as outside visits, social events and special occasions.
If you have the time and like to help out with people, we’d love to hear from you.
At Orwell Healthcare, we are happy to accept students for work experience. All students must provide the following documents to be considered for work experience:
- Letter from school or college confirming work experience dates
- Garda/Police Vetting
- Photo ID
- Insurance letter from school or college
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.